Wednesday, January 23, 2013

The Consolation Prize

So after posting a (small) bucket list, I've been thinking about all the things I want to do and all the goals I have yet to complete.  This can be a little overwhelming and a bit depressing.  Therefore, as a follow up, I decided to make a list of some of the things I have done.  This is not a list of my accomplishments, but a tribute to memorable life moments.

Things I've done:

  •  Tried haggis in a pub in Scotland
  • Ziplined through the rainforest
  • Participated in a civil war reenactment (hoop skirt and all)
  • Climbed a mountain
  •  Ridden in a hot air balloon
  • Befriended a stranger
  • Drifted with a professional race car driver
  • Played a slot machine in Vegas
  • Been held up at gunpoint
  •  Been bitten by an Emu
  • Stargazed on the sand dunes
  • Read a book on the roof of a hotel in Honduras, overlooking the ocean
  • Been an extra in a movie
  • Stayed awake for over 48hours straight  
  • Witnessed a historical event

No comments:

Post a Comment